Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Ascenda solutions make loyalty simple for financial institutions globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences, and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, exceptional customer value, and rapid implementation.
We are looking for meticulous Senior SDETs in the Philippines to join our engineering team to advance the quality of our platform. In Ascenda, SDETs perform a hybrid role of using their skills in software engineering to build tools and frameworks to enhance the quality of our platform. This is a unique and challenging role that allows you to combine your knowledge in Quality Assurance with your passion in writing solid high quality code.
In this job you will:
- Work with a team of talented engineers, building FinTech and loyalty products
- Build and maintain test automation frameworks across all parts of our stack (Mobile, Backend, Frontend, Infrastructure)
- Build and maintain internal tooling to enable more efficient regression of features and workflows
- Design automation flows that simulate complex and high throughput data processing workflows (e.g. ELT data pipelines)
- Design monitoring, alerting capabilities and dashboards to ensure that our high quality bar is always achieved for every single release
- Work closely with fellow engineers and QA to build comprehensive test plan
- Maintain environments used in Ascenda for testing purposes
- Improve our internal QA processes and methodologies
- Coach and mentor junior SDETs
You are a good fit if you:
- Have proven experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation
- Have a technical background and solid software engineering fundamentals or background
- Have previously worked as a Software Engineer (Optional)
- Are familiar with a modern programming language (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Are familiar with QA concepts and methodology
- Have excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Have experience working with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
Candidates must be authorized to work in the Philippines. Ascenda does not sponsor work visas in the Philippines for foreigners.