Senior Backend Engineer, Identity and Access Management - Fintech
Ascenda solutions make loyalty simple for financial institutions globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences, and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, exceptional customer value, and rapid implementation.
At the core of our loyalty solution is a key product, termed Guardhouse - that manages critical functions within our ecosystems such as IAM (identity management) and authorizations. Guardhouse allows for millions of customers of financial institutions using our platform on a daily basis to seamlessly and securely log in to transact on our loyalty platform.
As a Senior Engineer on the Guardhouse team, you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams across the organization to build and launch high-quality product features
- Participate in our software development lifecycle, including participating in code reviews and sprint planning sessions
- Own the roadmap for features within the Guardhouse product, driving continuous improvement
- Scale Guardhouse to supporting more concurrent sessions for customers around the world
- Improve monitoring and observability to detect malicious attackers and track the health of the product
- Build support for more identity providers, and more importantly, designing a platform that can support new identity provider integrations easily
- Enhance and build new APIs used both internally within Ascenda and externally by our customers
- Respond to production incidents and work with our technical support teams to resolve them
This role is open for our Vietnam Office, located in Ho Chi Minh, District 2.
You are a good fit if:
- You have a strong technical background, especially in building and maintaining highly-trafficked backend applications.
- You understand what it takes to build a highly secure application and have applied those concepts in your past roles.
- You have a good understanding of concepts such as IAM, authorization, and authentications
- You understand what it takes to build a good SaaS platform
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams across the organization, and across multiple geographical locations
- You have previous experience with Ruby. This would be a plus but not necessary.