Backend Engineer, Identity and Access Management - Fintech
Ascenda solutions make loyalty simple for financial institutions globally. Previously, these companies had to endure complex patchworks of third-party systems, mediocre user experiences, and 18-month implementation projects to deploy a competitive rewards program. We turn things upside down with loyalty solutions rooted in beautiful design, exceptional customer value, and rapid implementation.
At the core of our loyalty solution is a key product, termed Guardhouse - that manages critical functions within our ecosystems such as IAM (identity management) and authorizations. Guardhouse allows for millions of customers of financial institutions using our platform on a daily basis to seamlessly and securely log in to transact on our loyalty platform.
As a Senior Engineer with our Guardhouse team, you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams across the organization to build and launch high-quality product features
- Participate in our software development lifecycle, including participating in code reviews and sprint planning sessions
- Own part of the roadmap for features within the Guardhouse product, driving continuous improvement
- Scale Guardhouse to supporting more concurrent sessions for customers around the world
- Improve monitoring and observability to detect malicious attackers and track the health of the product
- Build support for more identity providers, and more importantly, designing a platform that can support new identity provider integrations easily
- Enhance and build new APIs used both internally within Ascenda and externally by our customers
- Respond to production incidents and work with our technical support teams to resolve them
You are a good fit if:
- You have a strong technical background, especially in building and maintaining highly-trafficked backend applications.
- You understand what it takes to build a highly secure application and have applied those concepts in your past roles.
- You have a good understanding of concepts such as IAM, authorization, and authentications
- You understand what it takes to build a good SaaS platform
- You enjoy working with cross-functional teams across the organization, and across multiple geographical locations
- You have previous experience with Ruby. This would be a plus but not necessary
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative to learn, onboard and contribute effectively